Residential Asbestos Management
Wilem Frischmann acting as the property owner engaged Applecross to complete a full refurbishment of the property in Knightsbridge. The task was to upgrade the living space prior to long term lease agreements with a London managing agent.
Airtech was commissioned by Applecross to conduct the initial asbestos refurbishment survey of the building. An asbestos refurbishment survey was delivered by Airtech that identified thermal insulation to pipework within the property that extended into the risers in the communal areas and the within the lift shaft.
Airtech managed the subsequent asbestos removal of the asbestos lagging through the following stages:
• Preparation of a detail asbestos removal specification
• Tendering of planned works, using Airtech approved licensed asbestos removal contractors (LARCs)
• Escorted site visits for tenderers and subsequent tender evaluations
• Full site project management and air monitoring
• Procurement and management of a licensed asbestos scaffolding contractor
• 4 stage clearance and issue of re-occupation certificates
• Project management of the reinstatement of the pipework insulation
• Delivery of project completion reports